OK, so there are only six days left in October, the most glorious month of the year, but you still have time to adopt a shelter pet. The little one in the picture above followed me home one day, so I guess he adopted us. Nonetheless, there are hundreds of dogs and cats available for adoption in your local shelter, so do a fur baby a solid, and bring one home today!
There are more than 1,000,001 reasons to adopt an animal, but for time’s sake I’ll only give you a few:
- In spite of disabilities, pets still accomplish amazing things (Gracie | Faith)
- They like to dance as much as we do
- They’re unbearably cute
- They are full of grace (watch only if you want to cry)
- Pets inspire musical expression (about a cat: “Mean Kitty Song” by SMP Films | about a dog: “Brandy (I Really Miss You” by the O’Jays)
- They can pretend to be a World War I flying ace
- They’re just freaking awesome
Inspired to adopt a fur ball of your own? Please visit The Humane Society of the United States, the ASPCA or Petfinder to find a local shelter and for more information about adopting a shelter dog or cat.